The Spoken English Course is a beginning level course designed for persons who have had little or no exposure to or had any training in spoken English. They have little or no knowledge of the English phonemes or the sounds that they represent. They have also had little or no exposure to principles of word stress and intonation.
Register for the Spoken English Course in Three Easy Steps.
1. Apply for the Course.
Please fill out the application form by following the link below.
2. Pay for Registration/Pretest
The cost of registration and pretest is N10,000 payable into:
Education Resorts International Stanbic Bank 0006958351
Early Rise Investments Ltd, Access Bank, 0031718387.
Send a screenshot of your payment to WhatsApp number 08061282222 to get the login details for the pretest
3. Pay for the Course
After you have received your pretest result, you will be expected to pay at least 70% of the Course Fee of N30,000 before you begin taking the course. After the payment, you will be prompted to Choose a Mentor from a pool of available mentors.
Spoken English Course Modules
The Spoken English Course has five modules
- Letters of the English Alphabet/Spelling
- Introduction to the English Sound system
- Introduction to Loud and faint parts of words (using word endings)
- Words Connect (C+V, C+C))
- Introduction to Intonation
The five modules contain twelve lessons
- Letters and Spelling
- Letter names
- Spelling English Words
- The English Sound System
- Consonants of the English Sound System
- Vowels of the English Sound System
- Loud and Faint Parts of Words
- Understanding How Syllables Work
- Introduction to Loud and Faint Parts of Words
- Identifying loud and faint words using word endings
- Words Connect
- Introduction to words connect
- Rules of Words connect
- Linking Consonants to Vowels
- Connecting consonants to consonants
- Intonation Simplified
- The Fall Tone
- The Rise Tone
Six weeks. However, it can be completed between four and six weeks.
The course is delivered as text and video. It is recommended that you watch the videos while looking at the text. Oral and/or written quizzes accompany each lesson. You must complete the quizzes before advancing to the next lesson. Please note that the passing grade for each quiz is 65%.
Completing this course will lead to the award of the SECA LEVEL 1 Certificate.