The Accent Reduction/Speech and Presentation course is a five-level spoken English, speech training and public speaking course. Each level comprises about 100 lessons divided into 3 parts (.1, .2, and .3). Each level may be covered in about 3 months. There are simple exercises that you must complete as you run the certification course. Engaging in practical exercises will help you make good presentations during your project. And at the completion of a part, you will be required to do a project of two video recordings of your choice. During the course of your training, you will be expected to record videos for each unit.
Why do many People shy away from Public Speaking?
When do people harbour butterflies in their stomach and feel most uncomfortable? People generally develop a common fear when they’re called upon to make a speech or presentation, or when they sense that they are to address an audience. This fear is often described as stage fright or audience fear. Some people describe it with a high-sounding word, glossophobia.
A major cause of glossophobia is a lack of confidence in one’s ability to express themselves freely before a mixed audience of people of various backgrounds. The anxiety of making all manners of imagined mistakes and the fear of not being able to get across to different minds and mindsets pose the greatest obstacle.
How can you get rid of Glossophobia?
The first step to getting rid of this global speech pandemic is to polish your accent, by making it sound posh and listenable.
We have a team of mentors who are ready to give you all the support you need to succeed in the Speech and Presentation Online Course. Meet
1. Chris Nkwocha, a speech coach of more than two decades of experience.
2. Abigail Anaba, a speech coach of more than two decades of experience.
3. Joy Nwankpa, a speech trainer for more than a decade.
4. Shulamite Micah, a speech trainer for more than a decade.
5. Chinyere Philip, a speech trainer for more than a decade.
6. Tega Amushan, a speech trainer with ICCOM.
7. Princess Paul, a speech trainer with ICCOM.
You can arrange your online training with any of our mentors by first checking their profile and the cost of engaging them via email, zoom or WhatsApp. Or a combination of all or two of the options.
A group class is entitled to 1 hour free WhatsApp chat and 1-hour free zoom (video conferencing) meeting with their mentor per week. A group may be hosted by more than one mentor. Any additional chat or meeting with your mentor will attract an extra charge per hour rating of their mentor spread among group mentees.
Each mentee of a private class is entitled to a free 30 minutes of WhatsApp chat and a free 30 minutes of zoom (video conferencing) meeting with their mentor per week. Any additional meeting with your mentor will attract an extra charge per hour rating of your mentor.
- Private Class: A one-on-one class of mentee with mentor only.
- Group class: 5 mentees with their mentor only.
- Group class: 10 mentees with their mentor only.
- Group Class: 15 mentees with their mentor only.
- Group Class: 20 mentees and their mentor only.
- Group Class: about 20 to 30 mentees with their mentor only
Who may Register for the Speech and Presentation Course?
- Front desk officers
- Public speakers
- Air hosts
- Young school leavers seeking admission
- Persons wishing to school or work abroad
If you must qualify to be part of the SAP level 1 certification course, you must sit a pretest and score a minimum of 50% after you register for the course. The course fee is 30,000.00 naira only, while the registration fee is 5,000.00 only. You may apply for the course here.
Registration for the next group class ends June 15, 2020.