The Spoken English Level 3 course is an intermediate level self improvement course designed for individuals who have had some exposure to and training in Spoken English. Ideally, it is for teachers who are teaching diction in English at the primary level and would like to improve their reading and speaking skills. Persons who seek to register for this course will sit a pretest to determine their qualification. They must score at least 50% in the Spoken English for Beginners test.
Spoken English Level 3 Modules
• Letters of the English Alphabet
• The English Sound System- Consonants (Place of articulation)
• Loud and Faint Parts of Words
• Words connect
• Speak Correct English (Common Usage errors)
This Spoken English Course is an intermediate level self-improvement course for practicing teachers and other individuals who want to improve their pronunciation, speaking and reading skills.
- Letters of the English Alphabet
- Mastering difficult to pronounce letter names
- Word practice (letter names beginning in vowels)
- Letter “H” and the Aspiration problem
- The English Sound System- Consonants (Place of articulation)
- Lenis consonant sounds
- Fortis consonant sounds.
- Loud and Faint Parts of Words (review)
- Understanding loud and faint parts of words
- Identifying loud syllables
- Identifying faint syllables
- Words Connect
- Five principles of words connect
- Words connect reading practice
- Intonation Review
- The music of the English language
- Principles of the question Tone (Rising tone)
- Principles of Sure Answer Tone (Falling tone)
- Speak Correct English
- 50 Un-English Expressions
Eight weeks. However, it can be completed between six and eight weeks.
The course is delivered as text and video. It is recommended that you watch the videos while looking at the text. Oral and/or written quizzes accompany each lesson. You must complete the quizzes before advancing to the next lesson. Please note that the pass grade for each quiz is 65%.
Completing this course will lead to the award of the SECA LEVEL 3 Certificate.